CONTACT:
Karen Pearson | Director of Publicity
P.O. Box 5353 | Nampa, Idaho 83653
Office (208) 465-2518 | Fax (208) 465-2531
 


Pacific Press® "Smoke Event" Causes Minimal Damage


Nampa, Idaho (November 5, 2012) — A small fire in the recycled paper baler room at Pacific Press® on November 2 caused minimal damage and no lost work time. The fire began when a fan pushing scrap paper toward the baler overheated.

"This was mostly a smoke event rather than flames," said Chuck Bobst, vice-president for production. "The fire department responded very quickly before any real damage could occur."

"It's not a simple or worry-free process, but Pacific Press® is committed to recycling waste paper rather than throwing it away," said Dale Galusha, president. "We are thankful for the quick action of the Nampa fire department and for the Lord's ever-present hand of protection over the publishing house."


###